We are now looking to develop a team of experienced, forward thinking fundraisers who are passionate about our mission and will estabish a bedrock of core funds to enable the charity to keep growing. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to be involved in the set up and development of this team, eventually lead a department and see first hand how money raised can make an incredible difference in places that really need it.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th April. Interviews will be held after this date at our Head Office in Cranborne.
Hours: full time 40 hours per week but will consider part time and the option to work at home for very experienced applicants.
Main Purpose of the Post
Responsible for the development and implementation of the WVS Fundraising Strategy to ensure sustainable income generation. This includes measuring performance, tracking the progress of the current in-year fundraising, providing input to the next Financial Year's budget and contributing to the WVS Business Plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing standard guidance for fundraising that complies with the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice.
- Building up and managing the team involved in fundraising activities, including in our charity shop and community fundraising initiatives.
- Managing and developing the WVS CRM system.
- Developing plans for Regular Giving and Gifts in Wills, to include all promotion and publicity.
- Planning and delivering fundraising activities, events and appeals, including use of online and direct marketing.
- Developing and managing local community, sponsor and donor relationships.
- Planning and project managing all WVS initiated events, fundraising dinners and auctions.
- Managing the publicity and promotion of fundraising events and appeals by providing information to online events sites, drafting press releases and coordinating the production and distribution of posters, leaflets and other promotional material.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a dedicated fundraising role
- Self-starter with experience in a similar role, working within a busy environment
- Use of CRM systems, word, excel, DM databases and ideally photoshop
- Prepared to develop and lead a team at events, which might include some evenings and weekends
- Highly motivated and organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Articulate and persuasive, with excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Able to exhibit excellent discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality
- Ability to work across all departments to ensure a fully joined up approach
- Capable of handling stressful situations while maintaining a positive demeanour
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player
- Confident and able to work with little direction, but understand the limits of your delegated authority
- A professional empathy with the WVS Vision, Values and Mission
- Full manual driving licence
- Experience in an animal welfare charity
- Marketing experience
- Local contact base
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post; the post holder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties, which are within his/her capabilities or for which training has been given.
Annual Salary: £24,000
We do not have any International vacancies available right now, but keep looking back to see if this changes.